Menu
Highlighted
Orchid1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

WiFi problem

Since the "upgrade", my connectivity, outside the hub room, is very poor. We get an exclamation mark alongside the wifi bars. Turning the wifi off and on gives us the wifi signal back but its poor at best.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi problem

What are connections like on devices connected on ethernet cable ? What devices are having problems with the wifi ? Was it all ok before the" upgrade" - what was upgraded ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Orchid1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I  have a hub3, recently returned to virgin media. Previously with Virgin I had no issues with the wifi reaching the rest of my house. We have an i-phone and samsung phones and laptop, all of which struggle to pick up wifi outside of the living room where the hub is.

0 Kudos
Orchid1234
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Don't know about ethernet cable btw

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting us Via our community.

I am sorry to hear you are not getting a WiFi connection in some parts of your property.

With the WiFi  I recommend installing our Virgin Media Connect app, with this app you can diagnose and fix most WiFi issues,

you can also run a black spot check, if there are any found the app will guide you through ordering our boosters. there is also a built in in app chat feature where we can provide on the spot WiFi help.

You can read more about our Virgin Media Connect app below .

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/virgin-media-connect-app.html .

There are also some hints and tips around WiFi here virg.in/wifihelp .

Many thanks.

Paul.

0 Kudos
Orchid1234
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yea so i have to pay extra to get a signal i should already have. Shameless.

0 Kudos
whyowhyowhy
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting us Via our community.

I am sorry to hear you are not getting a WiFi connection in some parts of your property.

With the WiFi  I recommend installing our Virgin Media Connect app, with this app you can diagnose and fix most WiFi issues,

Paul.

I wouldnt install the app under any circumstances, it's completely useless.  If you want to see how useless, go to the Play store and change the date of reviews to Most Recent.