cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi problem with air printer and kindle

Louise-me
Joining in

Can anyone help? Years of no issues and suddenly WiFi printer and kindle can’t find my VM WiFi! Amazingly can find my phone hot spot🤦🏻‍♀️ Tried everything from turning everything off to factory resets, have other devices with no issues at the moment. VM app says we have good signal everywhere plus have tried to connect whilst sitting right beside VM  box etc…

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried splitting the SSID, turning off the Smart Optimisation and manually setting the wifi channels and bands?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, no I haven’t, thanks for the suggestion, sounds complicated but I’ll give it a go !

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub is it and was its firmware updated when this first occured?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It’s 3 hub and not updated recently, working at moment but all help much appreciated 

(I was at work my gadgets not working) 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Louise-me,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your recent posts. I'm really sorry to hear of the issue you're having with your WiFi and gadgets.

How has this been over the last couple of days? Have you managed to try splitting the channels as previously advised by Aduxxi? 

Let us know if you're in need of further assistance from us.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly, I’ve not split as yet as thinking about it before this we had 3 extra devices using the WiFi and didn’t have a problem. Definitely not device problem as can use phone hot spot (phone also with VM). Seem to manage printing by not using home VM WiFi and down loading on kindle using phone hot spot until have time to investigate further.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Louise-me,

Thanks for your reply and for confirming that. It is unusual that this would be the case. Feel free to let us know how things go further and if you'd like us to do further checks from our side, let us know.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide