cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi pods

rootzmanuva
Tuning in

Hello,

Apologies if this has already been asked.

I was wondering whether it was possible to purchase the WiFi pods online rather than pay the monthly rent fee? That way I get to keep them permanently.

Ive seen them for sale on eBay, Facebook Marketplace and Gumtree, but want to check whether they'll work with my router before I purchase? Or are the WiFi pods designed to only work with the specific router VM provide you with?

Be grateful for any help advice before i purchase.

Cheers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No its not. They wont work if you buy them - VM will never activate them on your account.

But there are many better products out there that will solve all your wifi issues

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No its not. They wont work if you buy them - VM will never activate them on your account.

But there are many better products out there that will solve all your wifi issues

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you cannot buy them from VM and any you buy elsewhere will not work whatever the seller says - they are as you suggest configured for a specific hub - ie yours if you get them from VM or the seller who has in fact stolen them from VM - the £5 a month is for the service not the hardware

the price i have seen them on ebay at is ridiculous - the couple i looked at you could buy a better mesh system for what the seller had them listed at 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you, save me wasting my money, cheers.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rootzmanuve, 

Thanks for posting and thank you to our members for your help 🙂 

I see your question has already been answered but I just wanted to pop in and let you know that we would be happy to order the additional equipment if you decide to go ahead. 

I understand you may wish to buy equipment outright from a third party and that's no problem at all. Please let us know if you have any issues and we will do all we can to help 🙂 

Thanks

Nat