cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi pod

IanBroadbent
Tuning in

Could someone please tell me how I get my free WiFi pod ???

one room is very poor 

thx

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @IanBroadbent 

You need to use the Connect app to scan the wifi speeds, see the screen shot at the bottom

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/booster-and-wi-fi-pods 

Can I order a WiFi Pod on the Virgin Media Connect app?

Yes, but only if you’re not getting download speeds of at least 20Mbps in every room.

Our home scan feature will guide you from room to room to carry out WiFi speed tests. If it finds a potential signal-less spot, it’ll test our broadband speed to the WiFi Hub to make sure there isn’t a problem with your network.

If everything’s okay with the Hub, the app will take you through to order a WiFi Pod to help boost your WiFi connection.

Remember, our WiFi Pods and the Connect app only work with the Hub 3, Hub 4 or Hub 5. Don’t worry if you have our new Hub 5x – exciting things are coming soon.

You can also call 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

Call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @IanBroadbent

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced some confusion ordering your WiFi Pod and a big thank you to newapollo for their help so far. 

Have you been able to download the connect app per their advise? 

Hi @Ashleigh_C

I have used the connect app and it did show one room as very little if any WiFi , but didn’t flag up that I could order a pod. That’s why I was trying to get a pod, and as a Volt benefit customer, I would get one and it could fix or improve the problem?

However , I got through to someone who split our WiFi into two, 5MHz & 2.4Mhz.

This completely confused the situation and now we don’t know what pc/phone etc to log  WiFi onto in each room?

it was perfect in every room, apart from 1 , the room my wife works from .

I would be very grateful if you could assist?

Thx Ian

Hey IanBroadbent, thank you for reaching out and to answer your question if you log to your hub settings which are located at the bottom of the router you will be able to see a list of your devices and what network they are connected TO.

You should be able to see this on the Connect app to.

Also did you do this scan from the room where your wife works? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Yes I did the scan in each room, the bedroom is the room, my wife works. And it is very slow. The WiFi pod would have been the simple solution?

Now we have 2 networks, so with having the 2.4mhz network used in the bedroom for mobile devices like phone or laptop, And 5MHz network in other areas , every time you move from one room to another, it throws you out ! Especially on mobile devices.

I only want one network, and one pod for the room with less than 20mbps ?

I assumed as a volt benefit customer, I would get one ??

thx

I'm so sorry to hear this @IanBroadbent I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thanks again