cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi pod ordering issues

nt454
Tuning in

Hi,

I've now requested WiFi pods 3 times via customer services, with no success. With the most recent time (26th April) the person I spoke to admitted the previous person had made a mistake placing the pod order, but the latest order doesn't seem to have worked either.

I've run WiFi scans with the Virgin Connect app and it has shown slow wifi (below 20mb) in 3 rooms. There's no option showing on the app to order a pod though.

Is it possible to get pods ordered via this forum please as I'm not getting anywhere with the usual customer services route? Also can I check that the WiFi max service has been activated on our account? We're on the 1gig package.

I think we'll need 2 WiFi pods as rooms with poor WiFi are on opposite sides of the house.

Thanks,

Nick

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

what does it say on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/wifi-max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

nt454
Tuning in

The Wifi Max page isn't too helpful unfortunately. It says if you've got Gig1 you can order a pod via the virgin connect app - no link shows on the app for us though.

Hi @nt454 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Sorry to hear of any WiFi issues. When you've done the speedtest via the app scan, what appears on that page? Can you send us a screenshot?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, the speed tests on the app have shown below 20mb speeds in 3 rooms, but it doesn't give a link to order a WiFi pod. We're only getting above 20mb on the 1gig package in 3 rooms in our house.

I think the app is buggy, as clicking on the speed test history for our main bedroom it says the result was "great" when the max download speed is showing as just 16mb.

I've attached some screenshots from the app.

Thanks,

Nick

Screenshot_20230515_105834_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20230515_110007_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20230515_105936_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Hi nt454 👋 sorry to hear about these difficulties ordering a Wi-Fi pod via the connect app. Thank you for including the screenshots! 

We can offer some support with ordering these for you - please do be aware we can only send one Wi-Fi pod at a time, and must wait for each to arrive before we can order an additional one if needed. (There needs to be a 7 day period between each pod order.)

I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer further support with this. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. We can then return to this public thread with an update when possible. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 🌞 All the best. 

Molly