cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi pod - flashing and not connecting

Winchelsea
Tuning in

Does anyone know why my WiFi Pod is not connecting to my router? An engineer visited recently and changed my router. Since then, the WiFi Pod light has just been flashing and not constant.

Does the WiFi Pod need resetting and if so, how? Any advice appreciated, thank you.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Winchelsea, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear this is the case. More often than not, the pod will need to be reconfigured at this end to be linked with your new hub. I've checked things today and can see the teams have already sent you a replacement so this should automatically connect to the hub for you. 

I'd like to offer some further help with the WiFi connection as there are so many things that can influence it, some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help.

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
  • Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi.

If that doesn't help, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here.

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Winchelsea, thanks for reaching out on our help forum.

We're sorry to hear your Wi Fi Pod is not working after your hub was replaced, in order to make sure you've paired the Pod with the new hub so they work together please visit this link

If you're using our Connect App, this will help you with the set up step-by-step.

Let us know how you get on and if you need more help, we're here to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

I have followed your advice but the Pod still just flashes. I have even moved it next to the router so it can read the signal but it still keeps flashing.

Why can you not send me a replacement Pod and I will return this one to you? 

• There must be a fault with the Pod if it cannot connect to the Hub. I know our signal here is very erratic and I have a number of complaints in regarding this. I have waited since November 8th to have a steady connection but all I hear is that Virgin Media have problems in my area. I keep getting asked to ring you but my landline is not working either. If I call you on this phone it costs me £5 a call. Please can someone sort out our connection..

Hi Winchelsea, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear this is the case. More often than not, the pod will need to be reconfigured at this end to be linked with your new hub. I've checked things today and can see the teams have already sent you a replacement so this should automatically connect to the hub for you. 

I'd like to offer some further help with the WiFi connection as there are so many things that can influence it, some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help.

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
  • Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi.

If that doesn't help, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here.

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

The Pod needed replacing as it was tuned into my previous Router. Virgin Media sent me a new pod to replace the 'faulty' Pod and everything is now alright thank you.. We are all systems go..