cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi outage daily

hbhadusia
Joining in

During the day, getting WiFi outages, this is a daily occurance. Spokw with VM Technical who said there was a fault in the area but remote reset will resolve the problem with 24 hours, and issue will not reoccur. It has....

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
First... check for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

Then...

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi hbhadusia, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you're having an issue with your WiFi connection. 

I'd also like to let you know that with WiFi, as it is affected by the environment, we can't guarantee that issues won't happen again so I can only apologise if you were advised this. I'll ensure feedback is passed along regarding this. 

Checking the Hub stats, all is looking good in terms of power levels and signal levels. The uptime could do with a little refresh so please reboot your Hub as soon as you can. Be sure to leave it off for a good few minutes to ensure it does refresh things 🙂 

If you're still having an issue then please have a look at these links as they will help you to optimise your wireless network to improve things:

Pop back and let us know how things so and if you need anything else - you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks for prompt feedback.

I've reset the router however now the stats are very poor...11.54am 5/12/21

15.6 Mbps download

0.04 Mbps upload 

Using Speed test 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How are you testing?   VM do not guarantee wifi speeds only the wired speed to the Hub.

For testing you will need to connect a gigabit enabled device direct to the Hub with a know good Cat6a cable.

Consider setting up a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping to monitor your incoming circuit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply and update, hbhadusia

Are these tests done via wired connection? Are you able to follow the Adduxi's suggestions to see if we can get further data regarding your connection?

Cheers,

Corey C