Menu
gusfryk01
Joining in
Message 21 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Same problem still

I have exactly the same problem as the person who wrote the original post. 

Has this still not been solved? Is it time to switch carrier?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 22 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Same problem still

Hi gusfryk01, 

I would love to take a look at this for you but I am having trouble locating your connection details.

Your last log in was from an IP address which doesn't relate to a Virgin Media account, and your sign-up email address is also non-Virgin Media. Consequently I am unable to identify your account.

I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Could you take a look at my simular issue for me, nobody from Virgin seems to be picking it up and as you can see on the post its not just me, seems since your recent new update to the app the profiles have incorrect password for "virgin hub 3 hotspots".

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Virgin-Media-Hotspots-Incorrect-Password/td-p/383...

Thanks
Ash

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 24 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi ashscrivens1, 

Many thanks for getting in touch, make sure you have the correct app and forget the network then re-try. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cjcharles
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Will that app be able to disable connecting to WiFi if you have 3g/4g? I couldnt use that app since it would spend so long connecting to WiFi while I had 3G/4G phone signal that it created a worse experience.

I have spoken to quite a lot of people and they have all uninstalled it because it is too aggressive in connecting when there is no desire to use WiFi (e.g. walking between Underground and my home I would have no internet access at all over a 500m walk, since it would repeatedly try connecting to networks, only to fail as I had walked past it by the time it connected - this entire time it blocked the perfect 4G signal that I should have on my walk home).

0 Kudos