Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi on and off

Hello, I did hear that some houses in Bolton don’t have connection at all but hopefully is not connected to this, for the past two days and some hours today before I have one had about 7 hours of WiFi connection at home including the TV. I have already checked the status to see if there is any work being done in this area but it’s saying that there are no issues. Can someone highlight me into what is happening? By the way it’s been 2 months since I changed to the new box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on and off

WiFi is a fickle beast that can be affected by numerous things such as distance from the Hub,  building construction, other electronic devices, neighbouring WiFi, basically allsorts.

VM supply to the Hub, after the Hub it is up to you.

Firstly set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal coming into the property, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

then

Try a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other items connected.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on and off

Thank you for the advice , I am sorry the beginning didn’t make sense 😅

0 Kudos