Menu
Blackbox2342
On our wavelength
Message 521 of 649
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on SuperHub 2 dies multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

If you're having problems ask to speak to retentions and advise you're leaving because of the problems and faulty equipment. They'll soon sort you out and if they don't then you'll probably want to leave anyway!
0 Kudos
Blackbox2342
On our wavelength
Message 522 of 649
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on SuperHub 2 dies multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

Following my call to tech support on Saturday the WiFi has only dropped once. They advised they had changed some settings their end but did not say what.

I've also taken myself off the hub sharing as another poster said that had helped.

In addition I changed to less crowded channels.

Continuing to monitor things!
0 Kudos
impatient
Dialled in
Message 523 of 649
Flag for a moderator

@chrisnewton wrote:

I have not had the customer service problems others have had.  I have had a email from customer services asking what wifi devices i have etc and i do truly beleive they are trying to sort the issue as they are trying to replicate it.

What route in to support did you get which resulted in Virgin doing something sensible here?  I have been putting off phoning support due to the stories people have had here.  Been waiting in the vain hope this thread might start down the road to a fix!

0 Kudos
robokoplive
Tuning in
Message 524 of 649
Flag for a moderator

@dididocky

I have been having the exact same issues as everyone else here but didn't want a Superhub 3 due to everyone telling me that a VPN would not work. I didn't want to carry on rebooting for the rest of my life so I decided to bite the bullet and install the Hub3 which Virgin insisted I have. Latency appears fine and it also appears to be working with a VPN too (NordVPN).

0 Kudos
mooncat
On our wavelength
Message 525 of 649
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here as everyone else with WiFi freezing. However I've discovered if I turn 5 GHz WiFi off and just use 2.4 it's fine. When connecting my Moto g4 mobile to the 5ghz WiFi it freezes the router. Problem is I like to use both WiFi Freq as one is for me and the other for the kids ( so I can turn off if required). Not a ideal solution but works for the minute
0 Kudos
The_Oracle
Dialled in
Message 526 of 649
Flag for a moderator

I have had this issue just before Xmas, but started doing it at least 5 times a day or more on my day off. After reading a lot of stuff here and not wanting a Bug ridden Superhub 3, I just went and bought my own router to get it over and done with.

I got this : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01B4X503S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes its quite expensive but its a beast and quite future proof. Wifi Signal is 3 times stronger than what the Superhub 2 had. Quite happy with my purchase, even though expensive.

andrewbrown
Tuning in
Message 527 of 649
Flag for a moderator

A hundred and fifty what?!
Highlighted
The_Oracle
Dialled in
Message 528 of 649
Flag for a moderator

You don't have to tell me lol .. I thought, might as well get myself a decent one!
0 Kudos
Blueflash
On our wavelength
Message 529 of 649
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask what you've done to fix it?

That was in reply to ChrisNewton forum doesnt seem to have quoted his post, that its been working for 10 days?

From reading last few pages (not read whole thread) seems only fix is to upgrade to Hub 3.

Just to confirm my wifi mostly stops broadcasting over night, wired connections still work, but cant access hub on 192.168.0.1.

My current attempt is to limit to 2.4hz and disable guest log in for Nintendo 3ds.

Off topic do 3DS work any better on Hub 3

0 Kudos
Blueflash
On our wavelength
Message 530 of 649
Flag for a moderator

For Super Users and Mods

Software Version   "V1.01.33"
Hardware Version   3.11

Both Wifi lights go out
Tick remain Solid Blue
Traffice Flashes Blue
Power Light Solid Blue