Menu
Highlighted
optimus1066
Tuning in
Message 1 of 647
Flag for a moderator

WiFi on SuperHub 2 drops multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

For some time now the WiFi on my SuperHub 2 will just stop working - at least three times a day.

Wired access continues fine, but the WiFi just stops.

Sometimes both the WiFi lights will go out, sometimes one, and sometimes neither. 

It gets "fixed" after a reboot.

A VirginMedia Hub of one variant or another has been sat in the same place in the house fine for the last 6 years.

To say it's "annoying" is somewhat of an understatement...

I see that the Hub has now been superseded by the SH 2ac and the SH 3 - How do I request a new hub to be sent out as a replacement? 

Much obliged for any help Smiley Happy

[mod edit - edited title to help others find this information]

daveguinane
Joining in
Message 2 of 647
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on SuperHub 2 dies multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

I have the exact same problem, word for word.

Have had two hour long phone calls with customer support, assurances all is fixed, but it dies minutes after the phone call ends.

I KNOW it is the wifi router failing, I have tested in modem mode with another router.

Like OP, I need a new router, and cannot work out how to request one.

Thank you.

AkumaUk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 647
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on SuperHub 2 dies multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

I have had the same issue since Sunday afternoon. The wireless stops working completely, no SSID can be seen at all on any device. (its not a connection / interference issue)

I have not changed the location of the router, and there are no extenders, bridges, or EoP devices.

Internet is still working via wires, however trying to connect to hub (192.x.x.x ) also stops working from Wired connection once the wifi stops.. only a reboot (power off) solves the issue, but for a short period of time.

Something has changed recently and its not anything I've done and I've now seen four other posts with the same issue in the last 30 minutes.

Virgin support needs to be responding to this asap.

impatient
Dialled in
Message 4 of 647
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same issue and symptoms for the last few days on my Superhub 2. And quite a few other people it seems by looking through a couple of pages worth of this forum.

Have Virgin messed up something on the firmware which is causing this?
bonzer
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 647
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem, also a Superhub 2. Was just coming here to ask about it and noticed this thread. It's been going on about 4 or 5 days for me.

The hub's been working fine for about 4 years. It hasn't been moved. It's still on the same channel as always. There are no channel conflicts with my neighbours.

However once or twice a day I now have to reboot it. The wired Ethernet continues to work but the wi-fi stops working every day. Both the wi-fi lights are either permanently on or permanently off when it happens (no flashing). Software crash maybe?

Software version reports as V1.01.33. Hardware version 3.11.

Thank You

cupcakesakadd
Tuning in
Message 7 of 647
Flag for a moderator

Same here in Birmingham B42 area. We are gamers one at competitive level and cannot tolerate this much longer. You are going to lose a lot of customers soon.
CanonGeezer
Joining in
Message 8 of 647
Flag for a moderator

Same here.

No changes to location or equipment or configuration.

I have 3 SSID, 2 viewable on 2.4g and the other hidden on 5g - when the SH2 fails, none are see-able and all devices connected wirelessly die.

My TV, SKY+/HD & PS3 all continue to be able to access the internet via home-plug and wired connection.

A reboot of the SH2 gets it all going again until the next time.

This all seems to have started since my 'free' power-up from 150mbits to 200mbits that I recently "ok'd"

C'mon Virgin, please sort it or tell ne how do I get the SH3?

Grrrrrrr

0 Kudos
cupcakesakadd
Tuning in
Message 9 of 647
Flag for a moderator

Mine isn't just Wi Fi. All Ethernet connected die too.
0 Kudos
Ippy68
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 647
Flag for a moderator

Exact same issue, my hub has been fine until the last few days. It loses internet two or three times a day, and has to be rebooted. Thought it was just me, but there are lots of other posts with the same issues. Mine's a Superhub 2 and until this began has been perfect for well over a year or so. It's extremely annoying to say the least.

0 Kudos