Menu
PJH1
Joining in
Message 11 of 626
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on SuperHub 2 dies multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

Exact same issue here. Superhub 2, wifi dissapears once or twice a day, 5.0ghz or 2.4ghz lights go off on the SH2 and SSID stops broadcasting, requires a router reset to fix, started maybe 3-4 days ago.

Really annoying.

0 Kudos
pryonic
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 626
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on SuperHub 2 dies multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

I also have this problem, once or twice a day all the WiFi lights go off and both the 2G and 5G networks disappear. Only a power cycle in the router will fix it for a day or so.

Was considering changing provider anyway cos of the prices, this might just push me over the edge

Trekker24689
Tuning in
Message 13 of 626
Flag for a moderator

I just noticed this ad will last couple days. Yesterday especially. Works for an hour at more then drops and can't access on achy device till reboot. Is the SH2 and been in the she pave for a year or so. All's slow internet supposed to be 200,mb and barely get 80mb numerous times during the day.

Well the super hub 3 be any better?
0 Kudos
Pliers
Tuning in
Message 14 of 626
Flag for a moderator

I will add my name to this growing list. This has been happening to me for the last couple of days.

Nothing at my end has been changed or moved and it happens to all my wifi devices.

0 Kudos
impatient
Dialled in
Message 15 of 626
Flag for a moderator

Three reboots needed yesterday and another one first thing this morning Smiley Sad

So many people with the same problem on the forums.  A quick look on Twitter shows people are asking Virgin there about the same issue.

It is easy to see a pattern of something that has happened to these Superhubs in the past week.  Hopefully we will get a response from Virgin on here soon.  Would be nice to hear they are at least aware of the issue and are looking into a fix for us all.

mphippen
Dialled in
Message 16 of 626
Flag for a moderator

Yep, also SH2, also having to reboot several times a day at the moment. Glad I checked the forums to find several similar threads/stories, as I thought it was me. Was about to buy a new router, but if it's what it appears - some kind of firmware update that's gone wrong - I'm glad I didn't. Hey Virgin people, has this been logged?

0 Kudos
Quinn
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 626
Flag for a moderator

Ill add this post here too, posted this a minute ago in a similar thread...

Exactly the same issue since Saturday/Sunday and coinciding with the snow we have had. I am having to reset my wifi three to four times a day. It is so unreliable and only lasts two to four hours after each reset.

All the standard Virgin problems in the area have been checked and there are none apparently. Have virgin acknowledged this issue to anybody as looking around the forums a huge amount of customers are experiencing it so it is clearly on the Virgin media side of problem location.

To further add to this, I don't think it's the superhub.

All these superhubs would not develop a fault all at the same time on the same day. I use my superhub in modem mode and a separate £200 router for wireless and I am still getting the issue.

pryonic
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 626
Flag for a moderator

The Online Help guy just told me no one else has reported this issue, and that it was because WiFi reception can vary over distance

Head meet desk...

Kevstir
Tuning in
Message 19 of 626
Flag for a moderator

Same here with my superdud 2ac, been happening more and more the last couple of weeks at least once a day, my dads having the same issues on his 2ac as well, with mine I noticed all wired connections would work so ended up buying a NETGEAR nighthawk r7000 (£60 at Currys the now) , turned off all WiFi on the superdud and Setup the nighthawk as an access point, since Sunday and it’s been fine, signal over 5ghz is much improved.l 😁
0 Kudos
Quinn
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 626
Flag for a moderator

I run a similar set up but use a Linksys 3200acm,

Still getting the issue.

0 Kudos