cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi not working after power cut

Justdan88
Just joined

Hello. I had a power cut this morning for roughly 3 hours. The power has now restored and the Hub is powered up but is flashing green at the bottom (the WiFi icon is solid green). However nothing is connecting to the hub and we have no internet at all. I have tried all trouble shooting suggestions but nothing works. Is this common, Any advice please?

28 REPLIES 28

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try this first
___________-
Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker. See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Justdan88, thank you for reaching out a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear that you've had no service since a power cut.

I would like to look into this, I am going to send you a PM.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Every time I get a power outage my WiFi seems to get disabled. I have to do a reset using the pinhole which then resets my custom ssids and passwords. It is very frustrating. It only started happening when I got the hub5. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Andy766702,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the problems faced, can I ask how often are the power cuts?

Regards,

Kain

Andy766702
On our wavelength

Hi Kain. 

Whenever I do any electrical work in the house I have to turn the power off. Recently this has been quite a lot. Without my WiFi all my connected devices fail to connect until I have done the reset and setup ssids again which takes 15 mins. 

Hello Andy766702.

Thanks for replying.

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi John, 

That does allow me to connect but defies the whole point. If a power cut occurs while I am out my security will remain offline until 8 get back home to do a reset. Not good. 

As this is a Hub 5, has the WiFi SSID been changed from the factory default ?

Yes the WiFi ssid has been changed to a custom one along with my own password. I do this for security reasons and ease of setting up connected devices should I get a new hub I just use my custom ssid and don't have to reconnect all my devices again