Menu
Sarah43
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi keeps dropping

I’m so confused so In October I had virgin put in everything was ok then about one week after Xmas the WiFi starting playing up. It throws people off the WiFi I have rang virgin up about 20 times they keep saying I have interference with my hub. My hub 4 is on the windowsill with nothing around it. So to the point the other day virgin said they will come out and sort it. They come out yesterday was very reluctant to change my hub 4 but when he touch it just before he was leaving he notice it was not starting to get very hot. Anyway he’s changed it said everything was ok which buy not fully checking out side and inside wires and yes it’s still not right it’s even turning my tv off which is wired in. I’m paying £110 a month and I get better signal on my o2 mobile  I’m so mad and frustrated the manager said yesterday because this has been going on from December we can only give you £10 off your bill. I have declined this £10 are you joking I’m paying £110 a month and your telling me £10 off to say sorry. Please someone help I am trying to run a business at home and have 4 children home schooling

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi keeps dropping

If you are running a Business from home you should be on the Business package with its Service Level Agreement.

Is that what you have or are you trying to do it on a standard residential package which has no SLA?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Sarah43
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No I don’t need business WiFi there is only me at home trying to book work and do invoices. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well I would never rely on VM provided wifi if my "business" relied on it. In fact I never have. For the last 20 years I have only used my own wireless kit.

As you have a Hub4 (and I have never even seen one!) I cant advise on how to sort your particular issue (other than to do as I have done). Hopefully a 4 user can help soon.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos