cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi keeps dropping out

Fedge08
Tuning in

WiFi keeps dropping out, I have 2 pods, but to be honest if I’m not in the room with the router there’s no hope, chat down, messaging down!?!

16 REPLIES 16

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Do wired connections also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Nope, wired is fine, got M500, but WiFi is rubbish, called Virgin a few weeks ago, they did something, fine for a week, now rubbish again, no other devices connect, but walk away from router and it’s rubbish even on 2.4 GHz !

The 2.4Ghz band will be slow - you'll get between 20-80Mbps max.

Unfortunately as you have the Pods you have to set the wifi to the (not so) smart settings and cannot make any manual improvements/optimisations yourself

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

What’s the point of M500 then, if the only room I can get anywhere near it is in the same room as the router…..otherwise it’s 40ish max if I can get a signal at all!

Because the speeds sold to you are speeds delivered down the cable to the hub, and obtainable via a wired device that supports the speeds.

Who the hell uses wired devices nowadays?

Lots of people.

Anything I can connect with a wire is done so - even if it means running lengths of cable.

So no Apple products then !!!

wifi stopped completely now, absolute rubbish!!!!!!!

And no humans answering technical questions wth!!!!!!