Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WiFi keeps dropping and I have to reboot

99376623-A601-4248-8E77-004E3C0E0C21.jpeg

3529A65B-CE03-4D23-BE72-1E26AE1F7888.jpeg

 it keeps doing the above supposedly fixed once by a helpful tech who spent hours on it but it’s back to having to be rebooted regularly (every couple of days) wired generally runs ok but WiFi changes from 2mbps up to 190 but it’s not steady 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi keeps dropping and I have to reboot

Wireless speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed.

Are wired connections definitely ok and not dropping?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They drop but from 200mbps to 9.41mbps but the majority of wired is at least 135mbps consistently.  WiFi I should reasonably expect to run at least at a usability of 50mbps when paying for 200mbps 2mbps doesn’t run anything properly which is how low it drops every couple of days.  I can’t run checks as the app says no go away no connection.  When I go through the other app I run a system check and it says no there is a problem we are working on it but the area is not listed as having a problem 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SaraIDIC,
Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂
I am sorry to hear this and I have looked remotely and your downstream levels are low and needs a tech, I will pop you over a private message and take a look for you. Just keep an eye out for the purple envelope.
thanks,
Zoie

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Am I looking in the wrong place for your purple envelope or have I lost the plot (not unusual)?

thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I haven’t received anything?  My WiFi isn’t fixed and I dialled in and checked the router from my wired work laptop and the router says it has problems in the diagnostic 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Everyone seems to have gone silent on this one and I still need help.  Seems to be the way of things with Virgin, never quite fix anything 

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@SaraIDIC wrote:

Am I looking in the wrong place for your purple envelope or have I lost the plot (not unusual)?

thanks

0 Kudos