Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

WiFi issues

My internet was dropping out continuously on Friday 10th April, then it was up for most of Saturday morning but I’ve been completely offline since Saturday afternoon. 
I was advised on Friday that every attempt would be made to send an engineer on Saturday to fix the problem because I have to self isolate. However, there no engineer turned up , neither did I have a call back. Even the live chat transfer  to consultant did not work despite making 3 attempts. I have no heating nor hot water currently as a result. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi issues

Hi

I work for virgin media 

Let me take a look at this for you, hopefully I can help. Please inbox me your account number and area code.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Area ref is 15. Account no is [REMOVED]
I'm really exhausted trying to get this issue resolved. I’m now classed as vulnerable because I had surgery recently. But have had no help. I also work from home and need to have this resolved ASAP 
pleaee can you look into the engineer visit that was promised ? 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

please do not post personal information on the forum 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi

can I have a response please? I’m still waiting whilst the problem persists 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

15 hours ago I posted on this site that I was having issues with my WiFi. 
VM121 from Virgin media responded shortly after my post that he/she should be able to help. However, I have had no communication nor contact since that response. The problem remains unresolved and I have completed my 3rd day without a WiFi service 
All call centres are shut, there is no response beyond the robot on the chat, hence the reason for resorting to this forum which has not helped either. It is utterly unacceptable not to provide any level of service when all other providers are working almost normal hours through the long weekend. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

This is a community forum primarily.

The field techs posting are doing so off their own accord and on a bank holiday weekend.

What exactly is the issue with the “WiFi not working”?

Does a wired connection therefore work?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The hub is not functioning, and constantly shows green flashing lights, therefore using an Ethernet cable for a wired connection would not help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have tried the Ethernet cable. I’ve done all the trouble shooting steps and have exhausted all options. I was told by virgin that an engineer will be sent out (I was able to connect to a real person on Friday who arranged for a call back) but have had no confirmation 

0 Kudos