cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issues- outage

MarkH12
Joining in

Hi

i have had endless issues with virgin connections over the years. Decided to hm get the new ‘oomph’ super bundle for fast speeds in the desperate hope it would help.

unfortunately it took two engineers to put this in as the first one didn’t have staples for wire, also the coding was wrong. Second engineer has done the job but since then virgin have outage issues this week. Called 3 days in a row, told fixed Tuesday, hm had a text Tuesday saying fixed. 
guess what, same issue Wednesday, called again, told another outage issue and don’t know when it will be fixed.

guess what, today I still can’t log in for work so I’m guessing more calls to virgin! 
needless to say, it’s actually starting to affect my lifestyle,time, health, stress, money.

2 kids have data I pay for that will run out as constantly going to 4g at home, who pays for that when outage down? 
I can’t work and constantly have to do overtime in the evenings to make up time.

What are the actual problems in the south east London area? If virgin can’t actually cope or can’t do the networking properly please be honest. 
I never thought I’d spend so much time calling/messaging/talking at home about broadband service on a daily basis it’s quite tiring now despite numerous complaints 

forever hoping I get support

Mark

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to clarify at the outset here, I'm intentionally not making any comment on the install and potential C/S issues here, but...

Virgin supply a broadband connection, and a free router which provides onward wired & wireless connections.

Are you having problems with the wireless aspect specifically? Or the broadband in general? Do you have a BQM running ? This monitors your connection 24/7 and is a very quick way to identify connection issues.

Knowing whether this is a WiFi-issue or a broadband issue, will change the course of the advice you're offered.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

WiFi issues now and keeps crashing still. Including tv. 
day 7 of issues, called 3 days in a row and each time stated south east London have external virgin network issues that will affect households. 
told fixed Tuesday, got a text, called again and they said issues again and don’t know when will be done.

now it’s Saturday 7 days later and my family constantly talk about it driving me mad and it’s costing me time and money! Plus endless stress! 
we all have mobile data that will run out! So that becomes another issue getting a fight from virgin to reimburse! Which took me weeks last time and so much stress it was embarrassing.

honestly I’m at the end of my patience with virgin now. Just tested speed bet.com and it’s 37!!! Apparently can hit 600. 

There are serious service issues and supply in this area. 

Thanks for your post @MarkH12, and I'm sorry to hear of the frustration the services are causing you and your household.

I've been able to find your account and can see that the outage is due to be resolved on Monday 12th of July at 09:35am

We'll seek to do all we can to have this resolved for you as soon as we possibly can

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MarkH12 wrote:

<snip>   honestly I’m at the end of my patience with virgin now. Just tested speed bet.com and it’s 37!!! Apparently can hit 600. 
There are serious service issues and supply in this area. 

You really need to setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

This will monitor your incoming circuit 24 x 7 and give a graphical view of any loss of service and poor supply.  You will be able to use these graphs to ask for compensation if necessary.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks