Menu
Nuwavedave
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi issue in new house

Hi, I’ve recently moved house and I find that the WiFi is not as good as it should be in certain areas of the house. I live in a 3 bedroom house, so it’s not massive and my router is maybe around 4-5 metres from my PS4 in my bedroom and I find the WiFi sporadic. I’m wondering if it’s anything to do with the construction of the house, it’s concrete all over, no floorboards on first floor and I wonder if the WiFi struggles to get through the floor. 

Any help or info would be much appreciated 

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi issue in new house

Yes, very much so, especially between floors as wireless propagation is much weaker in the vertical direction.

Concrete can have a high attenuation rate, rising with the thickness of the concrete , and will be much higher if there is an insulation layer in the concrete

The most robust solution is to provide a separate Wireless Access Point upstairs, but this needs to be wired back to the Hub.You could look at running a Ethernet cable along side water pipes between floors if possible.

Powerline Adapters can provide a more convenient solution but can be affected by noise on your electrical mains and may not work with some older types of consumer boards.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi issue in new house

Hi Nuwavedave

I'm really sorry to hear that you've still been experiencing intermittent connection with your PS4. 

I’ve run some checks from our side on your connection and there are some issues showing with the hub.

We’ll need to arrange an engineer visit to look into this so I’ll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner) to get this booked in.
Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos