cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi hotspots

JasonDD
Tuning in

I don't can't get the app to work and enable me.to access the hotspots.

Can you help?

Thanks 🙂

Screenshot_20220517-195519.png

10 REPLIES 10

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JasonDD,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced, can I ask do the other areas of the Connect App work?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain_W

Yes, all other parts of the app work perfectly well... Although this is the core part of the app and it always fails when I click "Get Set for WiFi Hotspots", when I try and set it up, flashes with spinning balls, saying please wait (this can take up to 3 minutes) anfd then the install unsuccesful screen.

Jason

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JasonDD

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Sorry to hear about this, although obvious - have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Also - does the issue occur on any other devices?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM not keeping up with newer android and iphone

When will VM just end support for this waste of time and money that could be used for something better....its like someone put a gun to VM saying you must do this or else.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tried it a hundred times on 5 different phones.

Hi @JasonDD thanks for your post and reply.

This is a known issue with the app unfortunately, and a longstanding one - I'd advise reviewing the later pages of this thread here to see if this information helps, and when there is any future updates it'll also be posted there.

Many thanks

Tom_W

thank you Tom_W

gcarter
Superfast

There is a manual workaround, which works really well...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Use-Virgin-Media-Wifi-Hotspot-On-Mac/m-p/34...

1. Choose the WiFi network "Virgin Media"
2. Username is your VM account email, "vmedwifi/*YOUREMAIL*" eg. vmedwifi/Jo.Bloggs@gmail.com
3. Password is your VM account password

and connect...

now THAT is very interesting... 

thank you 🙂