Menu
Highlighted
gunfoof
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WiFi has no internet only on PC

My WiFi works fine on my phone but on my pc with both Ethernet and wireless it says "no internet, secured". This has just happened today while trying to set up the free WiFi extenders that virgin sent to me today. 

Edit: nvm WiFi isnt working at all had data on 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MikeRobbo
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi has no internet only on PC

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may not be affecting the area.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Remove the WiFi extenders and check that you still have broadband from a wired connection to the hub.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
gunfoof
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the late reply, I did what you said and theirs no local issue. The WiFi started working again today (but like 2 hours after I put the boosters back so idk if that had anything to do with it) but was super slow compared  to what I was getting before.... And just now it's stopped working again (on pc, no internet). I've probably called up customer service 5 times in the last 4 days and nothings helped. I was told an engineer was coming to look at what was happening today- but no one came and when we called apparently it wasnt even booked so idk what happened their with the guy who 'booked' it for us. I've now been told to buy a powerline adapter so hopefully that works, but idk why I need to when I use to get 150mbps on my pc fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
gunfoof
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

5 Min update from my previous post: WiFi is back up again! The speed is 0.44 mbps... Great. Ngl, I feel like my time and money is being wasted on the phone with customer service. Do I call back up tomorrow and ask for an engineer???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post gunfoof

Can you please tell me if the Wi-Fi light on your hub 3.0 is currently red? Can you also please advise me if the PC your using is in the same room as the hub or different? If this is a different, have you had one of the boosters installed in the room you have your PC in?

Kindest regards,

David 

0 Kudos