cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi green light most nights, certain apps cause it every time

Colinrobbie
Tuning in

My WiFi drops out multiple times per week, usual around or just after customer services closes.

Wired devices are fine, and it's not a range thing as it's the green flashing WiFi light so nothing can connect.

Strangely, streaming my5 or iPlayer seems to do this almost immediately.  Watching Netflix, Prime or other streaming apps are fine.

Its very frustrating as everyone in the house loses connectivity if someone wants to watch these channels/apps.

We can go a few nights with no issues but it's predictable when using these 2 apps.

Any thoughts, help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Put the hub into modem mode and get your own router or mesh system. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I could do that but that's not the service I pay for.

It's a workaround rather than a solution.

The help team say switch it off then on again.  Or they split the 2.4/5 channels until the next time I call them then they say use the smart WiFi setting and reverse the previous action

@Colinrobbie wrote:

I could do that but that's not the service I pay for.

It's a workaround rather than a solution.

The help team say switch it off then on again.  Or they split the 2.4/5 channels until the next time I call them then they say use the smart WiFi setting and reverse the previous action

It is. VM provide a cable connection. Your contractual speeds etc. are for wired connections not wireless

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Fair point but surely offering an adequate hub/equipment to do the advertised job should be considered too

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Colinrobbie,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your WiFi only!

We have some tips for you - How to improve WiFi

You might also want to have a look at our WiFi Pods which can help improve any coverage issues. To find out more see here

If you have any further questions, give us a shout. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs