cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi dropout

Lenniep
Joining in

Why is my WiFi signal so weak that my neighbour two doors down is stronger than my signal next door to my hub? The hub constantly  switches off WiFi during the course of the day.... I would estimate 20 times or more each day! I've tried resetting it, power cycling it, moving it, talking to it nicely. Nothing works! Any ideas? 

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

What model of Hub (2/3/4/5) ?

How long have you had it ?

Check if there is a known issue in your locality : 0800 561 0061 ( automated service )

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Lenniep, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced over Wi-Fi on the service. Do you have a stable service over a wired connection?

I've looked into the local area, and no outages appear to be present.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

It's a Superhub 4 and it drops the WiFi signal constantly. Today I have been listening to a radio station via my Amazon Alexa tower and it has lost connection 10 times and it's only 2.30!

It is relatively stable... the connection does blip, where I notice my hard-wired computer briefly loses connection and seeks a new Ip address.

"computer briefly loses connection and seeks a new IP address. "

Check the Hub's menus to see if the DHCP server has a sensible Lease time E.g. 1 day which is 86400 seconds.

Lease time is set to:  IPV4 Lease Time: 6 Days 15h:35m:36s

The DHCP v4 Server Lease Time is 86400 seconds

Hi @Lenniep 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

As it's just WiFi, please try the Connect App for me 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app - when downloaded, you'll be able to do a wireless scan in the property. This will check and identify any coverage blackspots. It'll optimise where possible and also if a Pod needed, prompt you to order.

I will however send you a PM, this is because 2 of your upstream channels are out of spec. This needs a tech to fix and then when that's done, use the Connect App to do the check 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @Lenniep 

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread, you have declined to give us the details we need to help. This does mean you'll need to call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill