Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi drop outs intermittently

Whitwori
Joining in

Long one sorry but looking where I can escalate this issue 

Afternoon

I feel it is necessary to raise a complaint regarding two points.

1. Outstanding problem with my broadband

2. The shocking service from your team today.

Outstanding issue

The hub you have supplied has an intermittent issue where the WiFi will drop several times a day most days of the week. This has been going on for months and previous resolution advice from your team was to carry out a pin hole reset on the modem. This does not cure the issue at all and recently the drop outs have increased in frequency. I called faults last week and explained the situation stating the fact that the broadband signal is fine, all Ethernet devices still work including the wireless AP i run from Ethernet so the problem is with the hardware on the modem. An engineer attended last Wednesday and said signal levels were a little high and he had turned off intelligent WiFi as its not very good and it would solve the issue. It has not solved it and i still get dropouts on WiFi including two today so far. I again called faults who said they will monitor the situation for 24 hours. When i explained all previous problems and said engineer had tried to resolve but hasn’t and the fact we work from home and need reliable WiFi - which we pay for as expect to have. I then said i need to escalate, he then said he would monitor now for 48 hours!? I then asked to speak to the manager who after speaking to eventually he then cut me off after a frustrating 50 mins + call.

Shocking service

Besides the points raised above i then called CS to see if they could do anything about my ongoing issue and to highlight having the phone disconnected on me after 50 mis. The CS rep just kept repeating for me to call faults and they will resolve. I explained i had done this numerous times over the last few weeks and months and was getting nowhere. I asked then to raise a complaint which he did and said i may get a call and will get an email within 28 days and by that time i would be able to cancel penalty free if not resolved. I then ended the call so the complaint could be processed, C-030721672 is the complaint number.

I then immediately got an email saying the complaint had been resolved sat
And closed!!

I then called CS again and got through to Nathaniel who checked all the notes and confirmed it had been closed. I asked to raise a complaint again but he advised it would be better to do in writing a he would do one his end.

I am extremely frustrated that i am paying for a service that is not fully working due to faulty equipment that you will not replace and the customer experience I received today is absolutely shocking.

I would like someone to please rectify this issue and at the very least i need some sort of apology for the situation 

**today**
Also I have just called faults again as the 48 hours had passed. The person on the phone said no such test had been carried out? After yet going going through the script response I spoke to a manager who put me through to 2nd line but after being unanswered on the phone for 1 hour 20 mins I had to hang up. 

I still have a problem 

I am literally spending hours on the phone wasting my job 

Can this please be acknowledged and help given.
6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your not happy with the basic wifi from the hub virgin provide then you would have to buy your own better router to provide wifi

Not sure the answer is buying a product myself to replace one that is clearly has a fault.  As you state if not happy with basic WiFi,  it doesn't work basically as it should so obviously I am unhappy.  No drop outs daily I'm happy that simple  

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As the engineer has already switched off Smart Optimisation, you could also try to split the SSID.  Also, you have an AP and the SSID's on this should match the SSID's on the Hub.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you add the amount of hours wasted trying to get a hub3 to give good WiFi times your hourly rate at work it's just not worth the battle and that's why I would advise to admit defeat and get a proper router 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Whitwori 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services, 

I will take a look over this for you, I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I can confirm that there is a complaint still open and this has been escalate to a manager. 

Can you please provide a little more information on the broadband issues you are facing? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M