Menu
Highlighted
Erin8912
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WiFi cutting out constantly!

It seems like my WiFi is cut off more times than it’s working. There are constantly issues that virgin cut off my WiFi for even though it seems to be working fine before it gets cut off. When I check the status they know there’s an issue but don’t tell you what the issue is and their estimates are always wrong. My WiFi has been off for a week straight last month and they still have the cheek to charge me for a full month. I can’t call them because it costs an arm an a leg being on hold to an 0345 number for hours on end. There’s no email and the chat online feature is always busy and unavailable. Someone please help with trying to contact virgin before I rip my hair out!!! I was so happy with them when I first went with virgin and was recommending them to everyone but now I tell people to avoid it like the plague because it’s disgusting how many times it’s down and the engineer is “fixing it”. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi cutting out constantly!

Do you know someone with a VM mobile invite them round for coffee and borrow it to call 150 - it is free from them.  Or get a PAYG VM sim (free) and put £5 of credit on it and put it into an unlocked (spare?) mobile to use just for occasions like this.  Or try calling in to you local VM High Street store and speaking with the manager in there.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Erin8912
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately all my family and friends are on a different network with locked phones and I live in a very small town and the closest virgin shop is an hour on the bus away! Just seems ridiculous that in order to get money off my bill and query the issues I have to spend more money! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sods law eh! Try the free PAYG SIM option - can get these for 99p on eBay. Everyone has an old Mobile in their drawer somewhere - or a friend will have one for you - just try it in that. If it isnt unlocked you can get an unlock code for most old phones for 99p on eBay. Or a used, unlocked old phone can be had for <£5 on ebay or any market. Worth having if you are a virgin customer.

The 0345 number is standard rate on landlines - do you not have one. Maybe a neighbour who does will let you use theirs as its likely to be included "free" in their package.

In any case if you do want to try again go this route...

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" then “technical issues” – (They are open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. - 08.01 is best!) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful. Tell them you are planning to leave for Sky/BT because of these problems - and they will give you best information and/or try and sort it for you as it’s their job to keep customers.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
AD2002
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi I’ve just got a new so called amazing internet box fitted .. totally useless can’t get WiFi in most rooms now where before with the old WiFi box it was fine, now waiting for a booster pack to come through.. not what I wanted but looks I like I don’t have a choice. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@AD2002 wrote:

Hi I’ve just got a new so called amazing internet box fitted .. totally useless can’t get WiFi in most rooms now where before with the old WiFi box it was fine, now waiting for a booster pack to come through.. not what I wanted but looks I like I don’t have a choice. 

Why are you choosing this thread to tag onto?  If you want help with something, start your own thread and post up more detail.

--------------------
0 Kudos
Erin8912
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are awful. I’ve got the hub 3.0 and the hub itself is fab but it’s virgin who are the problem who turn it off at least once a week for hours or days at a time because there’s an “issue” when I haven’t noticed an issue. I’m lucky in that I have a studio flat so don’t need it to extend very far. But BT do a mini hub now that they send out if your WiFi goes down and it emits a 4g signal for free! I wish I’d gone with them so at least I know there’s something that can be done if the internet does go down rather than waiting nd spending loads on mobile data 

AD2002
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Didn’t realise I was TAGGING onto anything just thought I was making a general comment same as everyone else not the best site to join with comments like this 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Erin8912

Thanks for posting and I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing.

I've run a check on your hub and there are currently some issues showing with the hubs power levels that may be the cause here. We'll need to arrange an engineer visit to get them adjusted so I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner) to get this sorted.

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos