Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi cutting out and slower since SH3 upgrade

Update 10/09: Called earlier today, was on phone for roughly 45 mins, representative spoke to manager and insisted they do not send out technicians for low power levels (really?) and that it is likely a problem with my house electrics. This was despite me referring to this forum.

Thought I'd try doing the chat instead; waste of time and they spoke about referring me to gadget team or something and that they couldn't send engineer out and I'd need to monitor.

Close to pulling my hair out I thought I'd try one more time and just called again and finally spoke to helpful gentleman who within 10 minutes said he was sending an engineer out tomorrow. Breathtaking that it has taken 6 attempts over 4 days with lies and misinformation being told, but hopefully will be resolved tomorrow. Thanks for the responses.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The training of the offshore VM CS bods is terrible - to say they dont send out engineers for low power levels is complete nonsense - that problem can only be fixed by a visit !
Hope they sort it - show the Techy the posts on here from earlier - before they start work.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi @beckgirl,

Sorry to hear about the numerous attempts it has taken us with an engineer visit and it's not the experience we want you to have.

Your internet issue should be resolved after the visit but if not, please let us know.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Low Docsis power levels due to your home electrics, really?? 
Maybe, a VM Forum Team member will care to give us a technical explanation?

This is not due to poor training, but basic incompetence, power levels are a fundamental  diagnostic step.
A bit like employing someone to sell oranges only to find out they are trying to sell aardvarks.
Sorry. but this pathetic level of supports annoys me, it is not good enough.
I am glad that you have managed to get through to a Agent that can tie his\hers own shoelaces, hopefully the engineer will correct the power levels.

EDIT just seen the VM response to the OP.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for further responses. Just a final update:

Engineer has just left and the downstream power levels were showing as -15 on his reader, he was surprised we were even getting a connection.

Interestingly it turns out that our house is quite far from the street box, but our house number is one of the lowest because the house numbers go up the closer to the box. Our house was on the "lowest level" of the box/panel and the engineer believes that this was because whoever had last maintained the box must have assumed our house was closest and mixed up the way the house numbers went. 

I probably haven't explained that accurately but regardless he was extremely helpful and made some changes to the box and now the lowest downstream power level is -2.5 with most close to 0, and we hopefully shouldn't experience anymore drop outs because of it.

Therefore matter now resolved and thanks again! 

0 Kudos