cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connection issues

Svanwanrooij
Tuning in

An engineer has installed my broadband router today. While he was here the WiFi dropped out and he couldn’t connect to the router, although the router was connected to the internet. After a factory reset, the WiFi worked again and he left. 

Since then, the WiFi has repeatedly dropped out on multiple devices. The wired connection works, and the Virgin troubleshooting connects to the router and confirms there are no connectivity issues. The only way to get the WiFi back is to factory reset the router, but the WiFi then drops out again after 30-45 minutes.

I think this seems like an issue with the router rather than the connection but I need someone to resolve this ASAP please as it is preventing me from working from home. 

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK. The Techs get out clause is that VM dont "guarantee" wifi speeds/connection and may just want to focus on the results from the ethernet connection on their laptop. Make sure you emphasise the wifi issues - preferably see if you can reproduce them on the old Hub (may be difficult if intermittent) and see what they can do - maybe swap the Hub, or split the two SSID's - scan for the best 2.4 channel etc., - although they are short of Hubs at the moment so may not do that. Tea and biscuits may help 🙂

After they go if the issues reappear post back here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.