Menu
Tmiller1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi connection issues

Hi

I have a hub 3 and been having intermitting WiFi signal so phone up virgin and the reset my hub and I recived an email the other day as they have apprently upgraded my Wifi as well.

However since the reset a number of my devices won't connect.  Thes are mainly my samsung series 7 smart tv, sky boxes including the sky mini boxes and 2 xboxes.  I have checked the connectivity of all these devices by connecting to mobile wifi hotspot and they all connect fine.  

On my hub settings have also tried allowing the mac adresses on the wifi setting and this still dosent work.  

Any advice on resolving these issues would be appreciated.  🙂

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi connection issues

Do you some other devices that are connecting ok?

Try a Hub “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

Then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).

See if that sorts it first.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tmiller1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi connection issues

Hi John 

Thank you the reply but thats not helped fix the issue either.  

Thank you for the advice though. 🙂

0 Kudos