cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connection issues

Svanwanrooij
Tuning in

An engineer has installed my broadband router today. While he was here the WiFi dropped out and he couldn’t connect to the router, although the router was connected to the internet. After a factory reset, the WiFi worked again and he left. 

Since then, the WiFi has repeatedly dropped out on multiple devices. The wired connection works, and the Virgin troubleshooting connects to the router and confirms there are no connectivity issues. The only way to get the WiFi back is to factory reset the router, but the WiFi then drops out again after 30-45 minutes.

I think this seems like an issue with the router rather than the connection but I need someone to resolve this ASAP please as it is preventing me from working from home. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Easiest way is to wait for a forum rep to pick this up!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
When you say the wifi is dropping, is this happening when you are sat near the Hub or is it only evident on devices that are in other rooms?

What devices is it actually happening on?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

More Likley the internet is down altogether. Flashing green arrows on tour router? = no internet. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@md009a3226 wrote:

More Likley the internet is down altogether. Flashing green arrows on tour router? = no internet. 

Why would you say that - there is no evidence for that - the OP said wired connections are fine, no mention of flashing lights.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Does sound like a bad wifi apart of the hub.

Especially as Ethernet was fine!

I'm amazed that the engineer left it in that state - New hubs should not do that.. You probably have my old one that has been refurbished just dumped in your living room!

Hi John,

This has been happening with 2 different iPhones and a laptop, all in the same room.

There are no flashing lights on the Hub and when I go through the Virgin troubleshooting there is no error identified with the connection. 

What’s the easiest way of getting a new hub? I haven’t had the best experience with the telephone support so far!

Thanks

Easiest way is to wait for a forum rep to pick this up!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Svanwanrooij wrote:

Hi John,

This has been happening with 2 different iPhones and a laptop, all in the same room.

Is that in the same room as the Hub - in line of sight?

--------------------
John
--------------------

Same room and in line of sight, within 1-2 metres of the Hub. 

We have a technician booked to visit tomorrow so hopefully they can resolve the issue. 

Keep us posted!