cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi connected but not able to access internet

Potnoodlehead
Joining in

Hi there

I have an issue with my hub 3. Im trying to connect via WiFi and despite it showing as connected I'm not able to access websites. I'm constantly dropping out of calls and it's affecting my work. Tried turning it on and off again and resetting it but no luck.

My issue seems only to be WiFi related as computers connected via ethernet cable don't ever lose internet connection.

Any help?

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

If it is a computer that is connecting to the WiFi but then not getting to the internet a "Shutdown >>> Restart" may clear the issue.

Unfortunately it's an ongoing issue that's been happening for weeks. I turn my machine off each evening but it's not helped.'

I crafted the words to avoided saying turn the computer OFF and ON or use Shutdown.

With Windows (8.1, 10, 11)  Shutdown puts the computer into a deep sleep - we can see this as the Uptime in the task manager is longer than the time since the last switch on. Often it is days of Uptime where you might have expected hours, as the days mount so do the Windows networking glitches.

Restart performs a full shutdown and a cold boot which clears many networking issues. It also reset the Uptime to zero in the task manager.

Ah, I missed took restart to simply mean turn it off and on again. 

I appreciated the reply and clarification. I'll give this a go!