cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi booster

mallan42
Tuning in

As part of the Volt package it mentions I am eligible for a WiFi booster for any black spots. I have used the WiFi checker and found an area towards the back of my house the WiFi is slightly weaker but I can’t seem to find a way of ordering. Can anyone help me out with how I go about doing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mallan42

You can call the direct number 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

You can also call 150 from a  VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

A member of the Forum team may also pick this up for you in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mallan42

You can call the direct number 0800 064 3850 to order a pod (they will only send out one at a time, and there must be an interval of at least one week before a second order will be accepted)

You can also call 150 from a  VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

A member of the Forum team may also pick this up for you in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello mallan42

Sorry to hear of the wireless signal issues in some area's of your property, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

It's been a few days since your post, have you been able to follow newapollo's advice and speak to the team to request this? We have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

When running a speed test we would always recommend running this via a wired connection This can be completed using an ethernet cable via a PC or laptop and will allow us to see the speeds available at the Hub.

We do have the Connect App https://virg.in/connectapp that will allow you to scan your property to optimise the wireless network and if needed order pod's. Depending on your package these may be free but any package is eligible for these if needed.

Please let us know.

Rob

Good Morning Rob,

Unfortunately due to work arrangements and other reasons I haven’t been able to get through to anyone over the phone. I have used the connect app which has helped me understand where the weaker spots are. I will continue to try and get in touch it’s just a shame the boosters are offered as free support but very difficult to get in touch.

Kind Regards,

Mitch

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello mallan42.

Thanks for replying, Life is busy enough to even find half an hour to call us.

Don't panic though, I can look at getting the pods out to you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L