cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi booster

rickj64
On our wavelength
  • So I had BB install on Saturday and after a check by fitter he said would need a booster upstairs as WiFi in a room was poor . " Just phone up CS and they will send you one " we don't carry them on the van . It now appears it's not as simple as that going off previous answers . Any ideas if I can get a free booster . IAM currently still in my cooling off period and may as well go back to sky who supplied free boosters to solve the problems.Dont want to wait over my 14 days to find its my problem to solve lack of coverage .
  • Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

“Boosters” are now called Pods and are available for £5 per month unless you are on the top package. Please note VM supply you with a broadband connection and a hub that provides WiFi and up to 4 Ethernet cable connected devices. They guarantee your package speed only for Ethernet connected devices not for WiFi. WiFi is very susceptible to many external factors and if it does not reach all of your home it’s up to you to fix it. Pods may be an answer, but many people find that either getting their own router or mesh system or Wireless Access Point/s is a cheaper long term.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

rickj64
On our wavelength

Fair enough . Sky provided 2 of the latest boosters free of charge and free postage . Looks like I will be going back there then if Virgin don't have confidence in their products .

Thanks for advising .