Menu
Sweetsweep
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi booster: wrong info given by VM advisor

Hi,

I recently contacted VM because I was thinking of using another supplier, I was paying far more than I needed for my broadband and phone. The first rep I spoke to was pretty unhelpful, so I left it a day got some more facts together and tried again.

The second person I spoke to was very helpful and realised that I really didn’t need the super speed that I was paying for. He advised me to go for a lower speed deal and to upgrade my hub. He also advised me to use the app to find out where the WiFi blackspots are, saying that VM would give me two FREE boosters if my scan said I needed them.

Well, I’ve just done my scan and I definitely need boosters, but when I followed the links from the app it seems I don’t qualify for free boosters because I don’t have a TV package. I can have them for an extraordinary high rental charge though.

I'm a bit miffed to say the least. I don’t think the rep intended to mislead me, but he obviously could see what my package was. I feel I’ve accepted a pig in a poke.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi booster: wrong info given by VM advisor

Thanks for getting in touch @Sweetsweep.

Sorry that you have been given wrong information about your package and the boosters.

Would you be ok to call into the team or we can do this via online chat by logging onto a web chat to get this looked into further?

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Sweetsweep
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I can give you a call, so I need a specific contact name?

Beat regards,

Susan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back in touch Sweetsweep. 

If you haven't already, you will be able to speak to our customer care team on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a Virgin landline. 

Let us know if you have spoken to the team as we would love to know the outcome 🙂 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos