cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi booster solid red arrows

welshdragonsod
Tuning in

Hi!

I’ve just moved house and taken my old equipment with me. As the subject says my WiFi booster has solid red arrows and doesn’t work. I’ve tried resetting it but they stay no matter what. As soon as I turn it on the lights are red and don’t flash or change at all. The white power light is on solid. 

It’s the larger version of the 2 boxes, the small one connected to the router appears to be fine.

Any help or ideas welcomed.

11 REPLIES 11

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the booster in an extension?

No, it’s in the main socket. I’ve tried several permutations but just constantly get the red lights

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just to belabour the extension question. So its not in a plug extension - but is it in a building extension - e.g. garage, conservatory, attic conversion, garden shed etc?

If so, when built eleccys often wire these areas up on a separate circuit through a separate consumer unit (fuse box) and hence any powerline units (like the boosters) will never work as they are not electrically connected.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

The router is in the front room and the booster is in the back bedroom upstairs. I’ve tried to pair them in the same room but just doesn’t work due to the red lights. Thanks for your help though 

Hi welshdragonsod,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having. What I am going to do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

Hi. Was there any solution to this? I have the same problem. A booster which has worked for over 12 months has suddenly stopped working.  Turning the booster on, results in solid red lights and a sync fails. Thanks.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Amazon.co.I’m - get some better kit 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I will do but would prefer to fix this if possible. Any other suggestions for a fix rather then a replace? 

I was offered an engineer appointment to try and sort it but just wasn’t convenient. I’ve just muddled through without it and will see if I can sort something when my contract comes to an end. Sorry I can’t be of any more help