Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi booster flashing red

Edp22
Dialled in

Hi all 

massive issues this week after several months with no drama 

currently my WiFi booster (the one the size of a brick) is flashing red  any ideas ? 

I had the engineer round 2 days ago as the speed to house was snail like despite paying for “600mb ultimate oomph” I’m getting 31 at my desk!   He said as he left “it’s a bit slow sir” 

16 REPLIES 16

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Edp22,

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection.

I have looked into your account and cannot see any issues that would be causing such slow speeds and I have also checked.

Have you tried to follow our trouble shooting guides for our boosters at all?

Regards,

Steven_L

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi thanks for the reply 

funnily enough yes I have including having your engineer visit per my oomph contract 

he couldn’t by the way 

new WiFi pod number 1 of 3 arrives tomorrow let’s see if that sorts the household mesh and black spots 

it won’t sort speed into the property though which your engineer Mike said “is really slow so I’ve turned it up in the street” (note I pay £££ for your “fastest available 600mbs) 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Edp22

I'm sorry to hear the engineer wasn't able to resolve the issue, I'm glad to hear you've got new pods on their way to you. 

Please keep us updated on how the service performs once the new boosters arrive. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Sophia 

I only have one Pod coming today despite engineer Mike saying I “definitely need two probably three’ your Twitter team said you’d be able to expedite delivery through here rather than me going through the rigmarole every 8th day  can you do this please?  you can see from my account I’m ultimate oomph customer.  Thanks 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies about that @Edp22

I'm going to send you a PM to get some more details from you so I can take a look into this and get things sorted. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for chatting with me over PM @Edp22

Please keep us updated on how the service performs once the additional Wi-Fi pods arrive. 

If you have any further issues in the meantime, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

Will do 

I collected the original pod just now and it is working. Had helped a bit. Your previous message are two more in courier chain from yesterday? Your message was the first I’ve heard of that 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @Edp22.

Two more pods have been shipped out to you, you can track this via the reference numbers I gave you over PM. 

Apologies about the lack of communication, this is not the level of service we aim to provide and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

Morning Sophia 

I’ll  keep a look out for the couriers alert for the additional two pods.  I have to say the first one has already made a difference to the internal strength. It is vastly superior to the old brick boosters 

can you work the same magic on the actual speed coming into the house? (Your engineers report will show it was around 270) should be nearer 600 

I believe it’s on a 30 day monitoring report as the contract for supply has been breached 

I’ve been very happy for the past year it just ground to a halt 2 weeks or so ago 

thanks in advance 

Ed