cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi blocking Android notifications

kidkime
Joining in

Hi, 

It's been happening to me for a while, when my and my wife's android phone/tablets are connected to the WiFi, we don't get all our mobile notifications. As soon as you disconnect from the WiFi, all the notifications come through.

I've reset the router but still the same issue. Its been going on for months. 

22 REPLIES 22

Hi there @kidkime and a big thank you to our community members for their help and guidance on this. 

Have you been able to try what @THurn has suggested? 

Thank you.

Hi, 

I have looked into it, but unsure about how to set up port forwarding and I'm conscious that I could cause problems to my hub3 if I don't know what I'm doing... 

Hey kidkime, thank you for reaching out.

If you are unsure you can follow this link here which will give you some guidance. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks for the reply.

Ive followed that link (approximately) and still dont completely understand what I am supposed to do.

Do I need to add the Local IP of each connected item (eg, my mobile, my wife's mobile, our shared tablet etc) and set a port forwarding for each item for ports 5228 as per the above comment?

Ive set it for one item, then I go in to do it for another and it says 'the rule already exists' when I try and set External start port and end ports to 80.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kidkime,

Thank you for coming back to us about this ongoing issue and I'm sorry that this is still impacting your devices.

Can you tell us if the impacted devices are currently up to day with their Software? Are all the apps you're using updated as well?

Have you tried to delete and then re-install one of the impacted apps to see if this can resolve the issue?

Are you able connect to any other WiFi networks without having this same issue, or have you tried to connect to other Virgin Media broadband Hubs and not had this issue?

Please let us know so we can look into this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, yes all phones and apps are up to date and yes I've tried uninstalling the apps. 

I have tried the fix above but it still doesnt work

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kidkime,

Thanks for the update on this. I'm sorry to hear the fixes advised, haven't helped. Can you please check each individual app, to ensure they have the correct notification settings?

In addition, are you able to use any other devices that aren't Samsung branded? Does this issue occur with them too?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You should not need port forwarding its liking the hub session NAT state that the problem you can solve this problem by hub in modem mode and your own router.
---------------------------------------------------------------

It must be local config, I've never had a problem with Android notifications on a Hub 3.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Could be something like traffic makes a session for NAT session closes down your device uses the same source port to destination ports and IP that the hub does not reopen due to some stupid security thing the hub does by only making new session for that source port to destination ports to new IP.
---------------------------------------------------------------