cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi available in my area but not my house

PH97
Joining in

Recently moved to a new house and currently trying to set up WiFi, when I search the postcode (OX2 9BE) it says that virgin media is available in my area and the building I am in. However, because the building has been turned into flats, my address is not available.

What is the best way to accurately find out if I can get virgin media broadband in my household? 

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PH97, thanks for reaching out and for your first post on our help forums.
A warm welcome to our community!

We're sorry to hear your address is not serviceable due to the flat not being connected to our network although the building is.

This happens sometimes, however can you please confirm what's coming up when you put your post code and flat number on our post code checker page here?

Does it state it's not serviceable or does it not come up with the right flat number at all?

Another way to find out is to contact our Sales Team at 0800 183 1234 where they can check for you and see if it's possible to send a spotter too and if providing a service is feasible.

Let us know a bit more on the above, we'll be happy to assist further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks for your reply. When I search the post code, the building comes up as an option (which is serviceable) but not the flat numbers that are in the building.

Hi PH97, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Our address checker usually updates in line with the Royal Mail post code checker. Does your flat number show here or do you have the same issue where the building number shows, but not the individual flats? 

If it's the same as our postcode checker then you'll need to get your address updated directly with the Royal Mail so it will then reflect on our systems. 

If the address is showing as it should be then you'll need to speak to our Sales Team so they can arrange for a spotter to come out and verify the address update. You can do this by calling the number Adri gave you above 😊

Keep us posted with how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs