Menu
j05h
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi (and ethernet) constantly dropping or slowing down

Hi,

Since late last year we've been experiencing constant dropouts of our router (yellow light starts flashing for the next 5 minutes before it works again) and frequent periods of slow internet speeds (< 1Mbps) over both ethernet and WiFi rendering our internet connection unusable.

I've had ThinkBroadband generate a quality monitor (click) over the past 24 hours and have attached logs from my Hub 3.0 here (click). For reference I'm on the 108Mbps plan (although the email used for my forum account is different to my Virgin Media email).

Any help would be much appreciated as this is affecting work at home + online learning.

Many thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi (and ethernet) constantly dropping or slowing down

You have an obvious connection issue Only 1 upstream channel (should be 4) with a power level way to high - and lots of T3 errors. You also have down power issues on channels 5/6 power levels way too low and lots of PostRS errors BQM looks poor too.

You need to call it in as a fault and get them to look at the connection. It will require a tech visit . Call at 08.00 for the best chance of getting through quickly

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
j05h
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi (and ethernet) constantly dropping or slowing down

Hi John,

Many thanks for your quick response. Your advice worked perfectly and we managed to get a tech round today, fixed the issue and everything seems to be going smoothly.

Once again, thanks so much 🙂

Josh
0 Kudos