Menu
G-Mc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi and connection issues

Hi,

I hope someone can help. Have only joined Virgin in the last couple of months. The first month everything was going great but recently there have been a lot of dropouts. I have logged into the router and see error messages detailing No ranging response received also DCHP renew warning. When checking WiFi signal in the home through the router it details that I need to move devices closer even when I check standing beside the hub.

I have M100 fibre.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Gareth

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi and connection issues

So apart from some messages in the logs and checking signal messages - what problems are you actually having on your wifi and on your ethernet connections?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If its just wifi the hub is useless so get a better wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
G-Mc
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbrennand,

Thanks for the reply, apologies for the late response.

On WiFi it just stops, sometimes after a minute it will come back on or restart WiFi on devices, but most of the time the hub has to be restarted. When I have run the diagnostic tool it details that all WiFi devices are to far away even the device I am checking it with from 6ft. 

The ethernet also goes as I have a sky box connected via ethernet and my has told me when the WiFi goes down it effects the sky box also.

Thanks in advance

Gareth

0 Kudos