Menu
ellecid
Settling in
Message 41 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi - 'Weak Security' on Apple Devices

Hi Heather, I was browsing here looking for the answer to my own weak security notification in my iPhone x regarding my home network, and changing the channel fixed my problem - - thanks!!
0 Kudos
2Dinners
Joining in
Message 42 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I also have this problem with iPhones, however, when this happens it also stops other devices (non iOS) on WiFi to disconnect or have connection problems. The only option is to reset the router. This can happen several times a day. The iPhones are all kept up to date with the layers iOS. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 43 of 47
Flag for a moderator

@2Dinners wrote:

I also have this problem with iPhones, however, when this happens it also stops other devices (non iOS) on WiFi to disconnect or have connection problems. The only option is to reset the router. This can happen several times a day. The iPhones are all kept up to date with the layers iOS. Any help would be much appreciated.

If it's a Superhub 2 that you have, then when the VM bods get to this thread (about 1 week), they'll likely send you a new Hub 3.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
2Dinners
Joining in
Message 44 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Yes, sorry should have said that it is with SH2. Thanks for the reply. Hopefully VM will help.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 45 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi 2Dinners,

I'll drop you a PM so we can look at organising a replacement Hub for you.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
vickyD
Joining in
Message 46 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi we have had this problem with week security on apple devices we have a hub 2 we all run the latest version or iOS for a long time. We have called virgin a few times and keep being told the hub is working fine and to keep resetting it. We follow all the instructions it works for a day or to then back to week security on 2g & 5g. Not once have we been offered a new hub. 

Please can VM help it’s so bad some times that we using mobile data.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 47 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Its a well known issue on some aging SH2's. 2 options - get a Hub3 replacement or do as I and many others do and put it into modem mode and use your own router and wireless equipment - which will work much better.
Call in as a fault and in you are luck you might get an agent who knows about it and just send you a replacement. Or a VM person should pick this up and sort it for you - notwithstanding you have replied to a 6 month dormant thread !

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos