cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Sharing - Please can a moderator contact me

jack0w
On our wavelength

Please can a moderator contact me to help me turn off WiFi sharing.

My hub is sharing an SSID called "Virgin Media" which is only accessible via EAP authentication. I have not set up this SSID, I have not opted in to the WiFi sharing, I do not want to use WiFi sharing.

I've tried asking on Twitter, but they told me to ask here.

I've tried asking online chat - but they don't know what to do.

I notice from other threads, that the moderators here are able to raise a ticket to get this fixed. eg https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Opt-out-of-WiFi-hotspot/m-p/4416289?search-...

I have restarted my hub, it is updated to the latest firmware. There is no option to switch this off inside the hub. There is no option to switch it off on the "My Virgin" website.

Please can a moderator message me to arrange for a ticket to be raised to switch this off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

paul0363
Rising star

Log into My Virgin Media.  Navigate to Account Settings>WiFiHotspots and (about halfway down under "My Services") select "Opt Out of Virgin Media WiFi"

Screenshot 2022-05-05 000357.png

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
More reason to go modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

paul0363
Rising star

Log into My Virgin Media.  Navigate to Account Settings>WiFiHotspots and (about halfway down under "My Services") select "Opt Out of Virgin Media WiFi"

Screenshot 2022-05-05 000357.png

jack0w
On our wavelength

Thank you!! Have turned it off now 👍

jack0w
On our wavelength

Unfortunately modem mode doesn't disable it - i was already in modem mode when I posted.

All sorted now though via website! 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Well unless VM did WiFi Sharing off the modems 10. IP or something and SNAT of the gateway, modem mode should not be broadcasting any wifi.

---------------------------------------------------------------