Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pods

NicholasBarton
Joining in

Hi,

How on earth can you get WiFi Pods?

I've downloaded the Virginmedia Connect App and identified the zones with poor WiFi reception. When I click the link on the app, it sends me to the Virginmedia website, which wants me to upgrade my package even though the package i am on already entitles me to  3 WiFi pods.

I've phoned technical support and they can only send me the second and third pod, the first one has to be ordered via the app.

Any help as to how to get around this ridiculous situation would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NicholasBarton

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with the Connect App.

Please try the below steps as it should help if a Pod is needed;

• Tap Start the scan 
• Then Start the scan again 
• While connect to WiFi, Tap I’m ready 
• Wait 2 mintues for Scan 
• Scan complete, Tap continue 
• Tap Add a room, Tap the room you're in
• Start the Scan (do this in every room)
• Scan complete
• Tap Optimise WiFi now if an option
• If so, Tap Optimise
• Optimisation complete, Tap Rescan room,  
• Tap Start Scan
• Tap Order a WiFi Booster if an option

Keep me posted

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply and apologies for my late response - I travel for work and have been away. Unfortunately your suggested solution did not work.

I've uninstalled the app and tried from scratch again and every time it just says that I need WiFi pods but then doesn't recognise that I am entitled to WiFi pods and directs me to the Virginmedia website to upgrade my account. I've spoken to customer services who confirm that I am entitled to WiFi pods but they can't order them because it needs to be done via the app and so I end up back at the beginning again!!

Regards

Nicholas Barton

Hi @NicholasBarton,

Thank you for the update. I'm very sorry to hear that you're facing some issues ordering a Wi-Fi Pod from the app.

Can you first ensure that your handset has the latest operating software installed, and then following this please remove and re-install the Connect App to try again?

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

Eventually got through to customer services (via the chatbot) and they have ordered me the WiFi pod.

Thanks

Nicholas