cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pods

Rosmore
Joining in

How far does a WiFi Pod extend the range of the WiFi signal from the hub/router ?

can you link the pods together ( if so how many) to extend the range further

My garage where I need WiFi signal is about 50 metres from the hub/router

Many thanks for any advice received

4 REPLIES 4

lotharmat
Community elder
From Laurie_C

Hi Rosmore,

According to our manufacturers, the Pods have a range of around 6.5-9 metres through walls, and 13-18 metres in open spaces. You can have up to three pods linked together. Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Mesh systems are excellent, and I use one myself, but for daisy chaining several units to increase linear distance coverage in the way I think you mean, they're not ideal.  I'd anticipate slow speeds, and potentially a need for a mesh base every 10 metres.  

I would suggest you run a long ethernet cable (outdoor grade, Cat 7 is what I'd use) between the hub and a mid priced router in the garage (say A TP-Link Archer C6), and make sure the garage router is configured in access point mode (if you don't there will be all manner of odd problems on the network).  That won't give you a seamless wifi mesh between hub and garage, but it will give the garage credible wifi and give you four wired ethernet ports in the garage as well. 

Many thanks for your advice

Kind regards

Many thanks for the info

Best  regards