cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pods

Bladerunnerdan
Tuning in

Hi, I got the WiFi pods about 6 weeks ago from Virgin media and there where working great, getting a much better signal upstairs in the house, but about 2 weeks ago now the pods started flashing white and blue lights on them, so I called virgin up and there send me a new one out in the post, but when I received it I plugged it in it was doing the same thing, the only way the pods do work now is if I plug a wire in the pod to the hub, has anyone got an answer why this is happening for? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See message 14 here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Intelligent-WiFi-Pods-Not-Working/td-p/5275...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model do you have?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It's a hub 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See message 14 here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Intelligent-WiFi-Pods-Not-Working/td-p/5275...

--------------------
John
--------------------

So it sounds like it's the hub 4 might be the problem, so would you call VM and ask for a hub 5?

Daniel 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You should call it in as a fault and make sure you get a Tech visit to investigate - if its faulty they will replace the Hub.

You may want to try a reset of the Hub4 first.
Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Yeah I have reset the hub a number of times, it's so frustrating having a real bad signal upstairs, paying lots of money as well.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
TBH - I gave up letting ISP's control my wifi from ~2001 - always used my own better quality router and wireless equipment - I have excellent trouble free signal all over the house.

Maybe time for you to think of doing that and ditching the pods. A good 3-pack mesh system from one of the main makers will only cost ~£100 and sort the wifi - and its yours to keep forever and transfer to any other BB supplier you move to in the future.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Bladerunnerdan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection and WiFi pods, are you still having the same issues at the moment or has there been any improvement?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

I received my new WiFi pod earlier today, so I replaced it if the one I had on my hallway and still no improvement, flashing different colours on the pod 😬, very frustrating paying a high bill to have really really poor WiFi upstairs in my house.