cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pods with new Hub 4.0

Wine99
Tuning in

Since upgrading to the Hub 4.0, my WiFi Pod is not working. How do I connect it to my new router?

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A change of Hub necessitates the Pods being "repaired" the new Hub's MAC address. Have a serch there should be instructions on how to to it in the VM webiste - or on this forum somewhere.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I’ve had a look online and on the forum and I can’t find instructions on how to do it.

Do you know if there even are any on the web?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot do it, VM has to. 

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wine99

Thanks for posting. 

The WiFi pod is linked to your router - all you should need to do is locate the pod next to the router, wait for the lights to go out on the pod and that should then be sync’d with the router. Potentially, you may need to reboot your router also. It should then work. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

This is not the case - I have had it plugged in next to the router already, and it did not connect to my new Hub 4.0

Hello Wine99

Have you managed to get the new hub and pod connected?

Gareth_L