cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pods not syncing to hub 4.0

BurtLeach85
Tuning in

I’ve installed the new v 4.0 router hub today and tried to sync it to my 2 mesh WiFi pods and neither will connect and blink endlessly.

they worked fine with the v 3.0 hub.

any ideas please?

Steven

10 REPLIES 10

lotharmat
Community elder
I believe that VM need to tie them to the MAC address of the new hub!

Try calling 0345 454 1111 to see if they can do it over the phone!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks I’ll give them a ring tomorrow. 

I thought I was going mad as I couldn’t find anything about that online.

cheers

Steven

No worries - Keep us posted on how it goes!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I've got an agent on the chat ATM who's telling me:

"The pods are already assigned to the new hub. Are you able to connect devices to the wifi and use the internet."

"I have already sent the hits and signals in order to get it activated and it is already assigned to the hub. As it is still not working let me go ahead and check further details."

Bit stuck now as there's been no mention of re-assigning to the new Hub via MAC address changes even though i've said that what i've been advised on here..

Steven

Thank you for the update @BurtLeach85.

Sorry to hear the issue with your WIFI pods were not resolved with our team. We want to do our best to help from here. Are you still unable to connect your WIFI pods today? If so, you may find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-intelligent-wifi-pods-faqs 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello,

Yes I am still having issues in trying to connect to both my WiFi Pods.

I spoke to your technical support staff yesterday morning but they were also unable to provide a solution and suggested I speak to 2nd line support but the issue remains.

Thanks,
Steven

Hello again,

I've tried the online web chat again and have received the following update:

Gousiya
 at 15:16, Sep 13:

I understand your concern Steven! I've just checked that for you now. The provisioning issue has been cleared by the 2nd line team.

Gousiya
 at 15:20, Sep 13:

It's been fixed now Steven! You can be rest assured this would not occur again. We've taken care of this for you.

Gousiya
 at 15:24, Sep 13:

That's been done by the 2nd line team and they worked remotely to fix this issue.

They seem very confident that it's now been resolved so I'll have to test the pods again when I get home and confim if they are now working again or not...

Steven

Thanks so much for letting us know @BurtLeach85 and fingers crossed that is it all sorted. 

Please do let us know how it's looking once you're home again.

Thanks again. 

Hi Ashleigh,

All appears to be resolved now.

Not a clue what's been done to correct it they are now fully working with the v4.0 hub which is great news!

If you were able to tell me the solution then that would be cool and others may benefit.

Thanks,
Steven