cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pods no stock

Keenzo
Up to speed

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Gig1 fibre and explained to the CS that we have 2 blackspots in our home where 2 of our kids cant get wifi.

I was told that the hub 4 has better wifi coverage and that should sort the problem.

Having set it all up and tested they still cannot get wifi in their bedrooms so i have gone onto

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-existing-customer

to try and get a couple of wifi pods sent out but all i get is opt in to out marketing to find out when to get wifi pods.

it does state that

Plus if you’re a Volt or Gig1 customer, Intelligent WiFi Plus is included with your package

on the website so how can it be included if i am unable to get them.

can someone let me know how to get these without having to receive the marketing emails that dont contain any info about them

thanks

20 REPLIES 20

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Their website is borked !

They are available and you either have to call in to get one... - or wait a day or two until a VM person gets to this thread and they will sort it for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

cheers for the reply, not interested in calling all they are obsessed with is resetting the hub or messing with settings that dont need to be touched because their script says so.

guess ill wait for a Mod to see it

Over 20 posts replied to this morning from VM people but the 3 regarding wifi pods have been totally missed

Can you tell me how to get wifi pods without having to reboot, restart , reset, and mess with my hub like technical support love to do then say there is no stock for these?

your webpage says there is no stock for these but on the very same page states Gig1 Broadband customers have them included in their package.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As I said... the VM website is borked.

You have to call in and request them or just wait here. It can take up to a week for a VM person to respond on here. Its just how this "community help forum" works

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks again for the reply and i know what you said but when you see so many replies on other posts and 3 posts regarding similar thing just being ignored it gets frustrating.

I have tried calling, CS are not interested they just try to transfer me to faults, Sales tell me there is no stock and should speak to faults....

as for faults before you can even speak to anyone the system "runs tests" and tells you nothing is wrong. when i do finally get to speak to someone all they are interested in is factory resetting the hub, restoring it etc then say there is nothing they can do other than add me to a waiting list but only if i sign up for marketing emails...

this is a total joke

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes the system is not good! These are a few tips that might help you get through to someone who can help while waiting here.

A few options, firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although people are reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, then just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

You can also text them on  You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer.

Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App. 

You could also try the freephone number 0800 052 0422 to discuss your account and see if that gets you there

--------------------
John
--------------------

Day 3 of waiting now and my post on page 5 with no VM people replying, looks like the forums are just as good as the phone CS....

Still being told i HAVE TO reset my hub 4 as thats the issue even though ive been waiting since september when they agreed i needed the boosters but there was no stock.

oh and just to prove how much of a joke this is ive now been told by 2 people from faults that i have to use virgin connect app to find and report blackspots...

yeah told them to go and try that app as it doesnt work with hub 4 or 5 but i am wrong according to them as thats the only way to get wifi pods sent out.

tried your suggestions only to be transferred back to faults who are just obsessed with finding a fault in my hub thats not there.

nobody from VM listens they just read from their scripts and insist they are right.

well time to cancel my new contract i guess as no point waiting longer for this

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will ask them to come here.

Just to finish off though before cancelling, see this I have posted before

As pods are free on the 1GB package, they are worth a go, If thety are not on another package, then you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

You would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters (+/- inbuilt Wifi,) (5) A combination of (2,3,4).

£40-100 should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi @Keenzo thanks for getting back to us.

I am really sorry for the service you've reported. Both the service in your property and the support you've had from our contact centres.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R