cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pod (one ethernet port) connection to the router via ethernet port

schikani
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm sure I read somewhere that its possible to create a backhaul by connecting WiFi pod to the router by ethernet cable. My garden office is far from the router but there is ethernet port in the garden office connected to the Virgin router via unmanaged PoE switch. 

I have a WiFi Pod from Virgin Media with single ethernet port. I initially set it up close to the router and it gives great WiFi. I then took it to my garden office and connected Ethernet cable coming from the router via switch. I was expecting it to provide WiFi in my garden office but no luck. The white light keeps blinking and I do not get any WiFi.

I wonder if someone can help me please.

2 REPLIES 2

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @schikani 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you have had with the WiFi Max pod, I am afraid the WiFi pods do not work in that way without the signal being carried as it is too far away from the source, it sounds like you need another one.  We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for getting back to me. I think there are a few posts in this forum which have got official response from Virgin Media Technical Team and stating these pods work the same way as pume and they do support wired ethernet connection to create a backhaul. Anyways, this seems to either have changed or other posts were incorrect. I did get in touch with VM over the phone and my second pod has been ordered. So hopefully that will resolve the issue.

But do you have any other boosters that will support plugging in far from the router but to be able to connect to the router by ethernet cable? Just like adding an access point?