cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pod needed.

Mattc2860
Joining in

Hi

i was advised by a CS person on the phone that I needed a WiFi pod but I didn’t have time to stay on the phone because I was at work so I spoke to someone on their live chat, I believed that they were sending me one out but they instead booked a tech visit but it’s 2 weeks from now so I have no idea if anybody will be in but I also don’t really get why it requires a visit when I see people just getting them sent.

Is it not possible to get one delivered which I can setup myself? I’m on the 1gig connection and I’ve done a test on the app, only getting 25mbs but according to the app the speed is fine 😒, the test might have found 25mbs that once but when I’m trying to game upstairs it just doesn’t work.

So I guess my question is, is it possible to get one delivered without a visit? My net is fine otherwise, the WiFi just doesn’t stretch through my building.

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes its the usual way these days - see this

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/wifi-max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the reply. It says that you can order on the app but it gives me no such option.

I’ve just done another test and it offers no option to order a pod or do anything 

IMG_0662.png

Hi Mattc2860,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have been unable to order our Pods, when running the test Via our Connect App, you would need to find black spots which would then guide you through ordering our Pods.

Regards

Paul.