cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Pod flashing light

Danny28
Tuning in

I have taken delivery of my new WiFi pod in the hope of reducing blackspots in the house and as part of my deal with Virgin.

However the light keeps flashing - probably for over an hour now.

I've moved it closer to and further way from the router without success.

Is my only option to sit for an hour on their helpline to get a replacement??

40 REPLIES 40

lotharmat
Community elder
Have you made any changes to your hub config?

Intelligent WiFi needs to be enabled and the bands need to be merged to work with the pods!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thank you for your prompt response. I followed the instructions inside the box, i.e. plugged it in and switched it on.
Haven't touched the hub and wouldn't have the first idea how to enable and merge stuff.

Bands need to be split for them to work, give VM a phone I had a problem with mine one was activated but one wasn't causing issues with my Wi-Fi, got it sorted today one of the pods wasn't provisioned to my hub correctly took a few seconds to sort and everything is working fine now.

Thanks

I'll try that.

D

Hi there @Danny28

Thanks so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that this has happened! 

Can I ask if you were able to reach out to our technical team at all? 

Are you still in need of assistance?

Thank you

Restarted the router which seemed to work, coverage improved by still poor in back bedroom upstairs.

Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Danny28,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this. I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing some issues with your WiFi Pods! I can understand how frustrating this can be.

Have you taken a look at our WiFi Pod Troubleshooting page? This can help you go through the necessary steps to ensure that your WiFi Pod is working correctly and is placed in the right place.

Please take a look at this and let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Paulina

Did all that but signal still intermittent.

Quite an old house so may be wall construction may have something to do with it.

D

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Remember if you're still getting poor coverage, you can get up to 3 Pods which can be 'daisy chained' to extend the coverage from the Hub.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own